Browse more Montane products.
Supremely lightweight, breathable and packable alpine shell waterproof.
The Minimus 777 Jacket is a revolutionary lightweight and breathable 3 layer waterproof jacket. Engineered for fast moving activities where weight saving is essential. Utilising an exclusive PERTEX® Shield+ laminate which combines a 7 denier nylon face, a 7 micron breathable membrane and a super light 7 denier tricot backer. Critically designed to save weight without compromising functionality; weighing only 140g with micro-taped seams to increase breathable surface area and a 12-13 seam stitch count for tight, clean and strong seams throughout compared to an industry average of only 8. Pre-elasticated under-helmet hood, articulated arms and a tiny pack size into its own pocket makes it perfect for any alpine trip.
Centurion Review: What sets this jacket above the rest of the lightweight mountain shell offerings on the market is the ratio of weight vs waterproof level vs breathability. This jacket weighs just 140g, offers a 20000mm Hydrostatic Head and a 30,000g/m2/24hrs Breathability rating. That makes it lighter, more waterproof and more breathable than any other jacket we have tested. The price tag reflects the level of product. Without going to gore-tex this is as good as you will get from a lightweight waterproof.
- Super lightweight 3 layer jacket
- Exceptionally breathable
- Micro pack size - stuffs into own chest pocket
- Minimalist design features
- Pre-elasticated under-helmet hood
- Zipped external chest pocket
- Semi-elasticated cuffs
- Pre-elasticated hem
- Micro trims throughout
- 46g PERTEX® Shield + fabric is one of the lightest weight 3 layer fabrics available. Combining a 7 denier 100% nylon face, 7 micron laminate film and 7 denier tricot backing, this fabric is waterproof with a 20,000mm hydrostatic head. It also has exceptional breathability, with an MVTR rating of over 30,000g/m2/24hrs
- Micro-taped seams throughout increase breathable surface area and reduce weight
- 12 - 13 seam stitch count per inch on all seams versus a typical industry average of 8, creating a tight, clean and strong seam
PATTERNING AND DESIGN
- Pattern engineered with strategic placement of darts to minimise the number of seams and reduce unnecessary weight
- Articulated arms for high reach movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift
- Pre-elasticated under-helmet hood providing excellent face protection and freedom of movement
- Zipped external chest pocket with YKK matte AquaGuard® zipper technology, designed to fit GPS or mobile phone with minimal movement
CENTRE FRONT ZIP
- Full length, reversed and baffled YKK matte minimalist AquaGuard® front zip
CUFF AND SLEEVES CONFIGURATION
- Low bulk semi-elasticated cuffs which can be pulled up forearms to aid cooling
- Comfortable pre-elasticated hem to prevent spindrift entry and heat loss
- Micro trims throughout for lightweight packability
- Stuffs into own chest pocket to make a tiny pack size for storage