The Lycan is built for Trail & Mountain Running - cushioned for long distances, hard packed trails and/or rocky terrain.
Comfortable shoe with wider fit and quick lacing system. Lycan is the ideal choice for those who prefer to run off-road, especially on rocky terrain, thanks to the long lasting Frixion Blue Rubber outsole. The injected EVA wedge absorbs negative impact with the ground thanks to the external shock absorbing structure. The uppers in breathable mesh with reinforcements in abrasion resistant microfibre, prevents roots, rocks and stones from getting into the shoe. Lycan is the ideal choice for a variety of terrain and medium distances.
Centurion Review: This updated version of the popular Lycan has a much more aggressive grip, making it more versatile than the original model. It's a well cushioned shoe with a wider fit than other La Sportiva models which will be good news for many. The grip will handle hard packed trail or road just fine but also offers great hold and protection on rock, and grip when on wetter/ muddy ground. This is a superb all rounder at a great price.
Upper: The Lycan from La Sportiva Sports am Injection Moulded EVA midsole which differs from the standard compression moulded EVA midsoles for a high degree of cushioning and a better elasticity of the compound. These features assist the propulsion phase of the gait cycle, making these shoes ideal for use on offroad trails. Furthermore, EVA injected midsoles drastically reduce the squash effect of the EVA over time, allowing the compound to maintain the same characteristics and high performance for its entire duration.
Outsole: Using La Sportiva's FriXion Blue outsole, this will keep you in full control no matter what the terrain is, as the outsole will provide you with exceptional traction. The FriXion Blue is designed to provide high durability against the soft and hard ground. This means that the long-lasting compound is ideal for both road and tracks. Multi-directional lugs and grooves will dig into wet ground to anchor your feet into place.
- Breathable mesh with microfibre reinforcements coated with abrasion resistant material for protection whilst remaining lightweight
- Injected midsole with external structure to provide shock absorption.
- Rock-ground sole with Impact Brake System ideal for use on hard, rocky terrain.
- Quick lacing system and wider volumes for maximum comfort
- TPU toe cap
- Shock absorbing wedge
- Upper: Breathable mesh with microfiber reinforcements coated in abrasion resistant material, protective TPU toe cap
- Lining: breathable, antiskid mesh
- Midsole: shock absorbing, injected EVA
- Footbed: 4mm Ortholite Mountain Ergonomic
- Sole: Frixion Blue
- Weight: 270 g half pair