Browse more Montane products.
Combining a highly waterproof, breathable and lightweight GORE-TEX® Active shell with a minimalist run feature set for reduced weight and enhanced packability, the Montane Spine Jacket offers exceptional performance and comfort without compromise.
The Spine Jacket follows the key principles of Montane’s VIA Trail Series®, which ensures minimalist design with run-specific tailoring, keeping weight to an absolute minimum without compromising the safety of the user in mountainous environments. The no-nonsense feature set includes: adjustable trail hood with laminated peak, water resistant zipped chest pocket, subtle logo reflective detailing and easy access ventilation pit zips combined with highly waterproof (fully taped), breathable, lightweight GORE-TEX® Active fabric. The Montane Spine Jacket is race ready and ideal as mandatory kit for when every gram counts.
In terms of waterproof level, traditionally, Ultra Events demand a 10000m Hydrostatic Head. Gore-Tex Active provides a 23000+ Level. Whilst 10000m is enough to keep weather out in moderate conditions for shorter durations, this is your go to jacket for severe weather and or longer days in the mountains or on the trails.
- Minimalist design features
- Athletic body fit
- Fitted, adjustable trail hood
- Mid-height collar
- External zipped chest pocket
- Pit zips
- Constructed from very lightweight and breathable 30 Denier GORE-TEX® ACTIVE SHELL fabric
- 12 – 13 stitch count per inch on all seams versus a typical industry average of 8, creating a tight, clean and strong seam
- 3mm seam allowance on all seams, reducing weight and bulk under the micro-tape and creating a smooth, strong seam
PATTERNING AND DESIGN
- Engineered with minimal placement of seams, using darts instead to tailor shape and articulation to reduce weight and bulk
- Tailored specifically to be worn over lightweight and low bulk baselayer or mid-layer
- Fitted trail hood designed to fit closely over trail headwear
- Adjustable face aperture with internal cord exits
- Rear pre-elasticated volume reduction which expands to fit
- Laminated hood peak for a stable yet supple fit
- Mid-height collar for more protection when needed
- YKK matte AquaGuard® zipped chest pocket, designed to fit GPS or mobile phone without bounce during movement
- Ergonomic lightweight zip pullers make use easier when wearing gloves or mitts
CENTRE FRONT ZIP
- Full length YKK matte AquaGuard® front zip that is highly water resistant
- Internal storm flap behind centre front for increased weather protection
- Roll over beardguard lined with brushed fine microfleece is comfortable next to the mouth and chin
CUFF AND SLEEVES CONFIGURATION
- Minimalist underarm pit zips with YKK matte AquaGuard® zips are just the right length to offer ventilation without excess bulk
- Shaped hook and loop tab cuff adjustment combined with pre-elastication allows easy cinching
WAIST AND HEM CONSTRUCTION
- Adjustable hem with cinchable drawcord
- Rear external MONTANE® hang loop