Browse more Trailblazer products.
Are you looking at running our South Downs Way 50 or 100? Getting out on some recce runs? Then this book by Trailblazer will be an invaluable companion to you. Get out there and test your kit while exploring this fabulous route before race day.
The South Downs Way is a 100-mile (160km) National Trail that follows the line of chalk hills stretching from Winchester in Hampshire across Sussex to Eastbourne. Walking the length of the Downs is the best way to experience this beautiful landscape with its mixture of rolling hills, steep hanging woodland and windswept fields. You'll also pass picture-postcard villages with welcoming pubs, thatched cottages and quintessentially English country gardens.
- Includes 60 detailed walking maps: the largest-scale maps available – at just under 1:20,000 (8cm or 3-1/8 inches to 1 mile) these are bigger than even the most detailed maps currently available in the shops.
- Unique mapping features – walking times, directions, tricky junctions, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest. These are not general-purpose maps but fully edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers.
- Itineraries for all walkers – whether hiking the entire route or sampling highlights on day walks or short breaks. Detailed public transport information for all access points.
- Practical information for all budgets – what to see, where to eat, where to stay: B&Bs, hotels, campsites, bunkhouses, hostels and pubs.
- Overview mapping for stage sections (one per stage) in colour also including trail profiles.
- New colour introductory section